Monday, February 24, 2014

Winding Roads and Tall Trees


While driving to an appointment the other day, my husband and I drove down one of the lovely little winding roads in our area of the Blue Ridge Mountains.

Along our drive, I saw running parallel to my road was new construction.  The construction was apparently a new byway which will straighten out the road.

They were tearing up the hills and had removed large sections of mature trees.  I always wonder at what cost we do these things.

It seems this generation is always in a hurry to get somewhere.  We lost the beauty along the way and the time we took to notice it.

Hey, I'm all for making roads safer, but wish there was still a way to save the trees and keep the ways of enjoying them with our families.

2 comments:

  1. Hi Sheri, just stopping by to say how delightful your blog is. Thanks so much for sharing. I have recently found your blog and am now following you, and will visit often. Please stop by my blog and perhaps you would like to follow me also. Have a wonderful day. Hugs, Chris
    http://chelencarter-retiredandlovingit.blogspot.ca/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for stopping by Chris, I enjoyed your blog post also & love all the photos! I'm a new follower! ;)

    ReplyDelete